School Bus Routes
Bus routes can be found by visiting the Southland Transportation Ltd. website through the link below. Please note school bus routes will continuously be assessed throughout the first two weeks of school with adjustments made as necessary. All updates will be available for viewing by Oct. 1.
School bus update for the 2021/2022 school year
To our parents/guardians,
We recognize that you rely on us to provide safe bus transportation for your children to and from school. We take this responsibility seriously, and even more so during this unprecedented and challenging time for Lethbridge School Division families.
During this public-health crisis, we are following the direction of the Alberta Government, Alberta Education and Alberta Health Services and taking additional precautionary measures to safeguard the well-being of our students and drivers when buses start running this fall.
There is no way to eliminate all risk, as physical distancing on a school bus is extremely difficult, so parents and students need to take extra precautions while riding and waiting for the bus. Lethbridge School Division and Southland Transportation are implementing the following health and safety protocols to limit COVID-19 transmission on our buses:
- Children/students should not board the bus if they have symptoms of COVID-19. Be sure to use the self-screening questionnaire each day prior to leaving for the bus.
- As per CMOH Order 34-2021 of the Chief Medical Officer, masks remain mandatory for students, drivers, staff members and visitors on school buses, public transit, taxis and ride sharing. All students must wear a face mask prior to entering the school bus and must keep the mask on during the ride and at bus transfer sites.
- Bus drivers will have a very limited number of disposable masks to hand out if necessary.
- It is recommended parents or guardians monitor students with physical distancing and use of face masks while waiting for the bus.
- After the first few days of riding the bus, students will be assigned their seats. Where possible buses will be loaded back to front, and siblings will be seated together.
- All bus drivers will be cleaning the school bus after each bus run, both morning and afternoon, with an approved cleaning product as per Alberta Health Services guidelines.
- Drivers will also be wearing a mask and or face shield when loading and unloading the school bus. They may remove their mask when the bus is in motion for proper visibility.
- The drivers will do everything they can to ensure compliance and will encourage students to use their face masks and keep their hands to themselves. The driver’s first priority is on-the-road safety.
- Students who are not following the rules will be referred to the school principal and may lose the privilege of riding.
If you have any questions about the re-entry plan for buses, please refer to the Lethbridge School Division 2021-2022 Re-entry Plan, or contact our Transportation Department at 403-380-5303 or email@example.com
School Transportation Handbook
To view the School Transportation Handbook for 2021, please click on the link below:
My 1st Ride
My 1st Ride is Southland Transportation Ltd.'s free school bus safety program for first-time riders and parents.
Click the link below to see the presentation, along with a video.
MY 1ST RIDE
School Bus COVID Safety
Please click on the link below for a video from the Student Transportation Association of Alberta.