The following table shows fees for both a half year of study and a full year of study. Students wishing to attend our schools for other lengths of time should email email@example.com for information on fees. Generally, for short stay students, tuition fees are prorated based on length of stay.
Printable Fee Sheets:
Fees for 2024-2025 School Year
Fees Payable to
Half Year of Study
|Full year of Study
Application Fee (non-refundable)
Canadian Medical Insurance Fee (required)
Tuition Fees Cover: all mandatory school fees including course fees, locker rental, and student union fees.
Tuition Fees Do Not Cover: optional fees such as for a yearbook, activity pass, student portraits, city bus passes, recreational activities and athletic fees (if you choose to participate on a competitive school team), and revalidation/legalization of school marks for those countries that require it.
Transportation Fee: Optional fee, please note that the transportation fee is for Calgary (YYC) arrivals/departures. Students can choose to fly into Lethbridge (YQL). * Transportation is only available at the beginning of the semester and the end of the semester, on specific days that the Lethbridge School Division has arranged.
Fees Payable to Canada Homestay Network:
|Base Rate||+ $500.00 Deposit|
Lethbridge SD Homestay Fees: 10 Months 2024-2025
|Lethbridge SD Homestay Fees: 5 Months 2024-2025||
|Lethbridge SD Homestay Fees: 3 Months 2024-2025||
|Lethbridge SD Homestay Fees: 1 Month 2024-2025||
|Lethbridge SD Returning Fees: 10 Months 2024-2025||
|Lethbridge SD Returning Fees: 5 Months 2024-2025||
|Optional Fees to Canada Homestay Network||5 Months||10 Months|
|Special Diets (Vegetarian, Vegan, Halal, Gluten Free, High Protein, etc.)||$1,000.00||$2,000.00|
|Airport Pick and Return Host - Lethbridge||$0.00||$0.00|
Click Here for Canada Homestay Network Refund Policies and Methods of Payment
*Must be paid before applications are processed.
*Undisclosed medication and health issues (physical & mental) are subject to a $500.00 penalty.
All fees listed are in Canadian Dollars and are subject to change.
How to Pay
Lethbridge School Division prefers you pay online through Flywire. It is a safe and convenient way to pay with credit card.
To pay your application fee: lethsdapp.flywire.com
To pay all other fees payable to the School Division: lethsd.flywire.com
If you prefer to pay through bank transfer, please contact the International Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive instructions on this process.
What is covered by tuition and what is not?
Tuition Fees Cover
- Your educational program as provided by certified professional teachers in Alberta
- All mandatory school fees including: course fees, locker rental, textbook rental, and student union fees
Tuition Fees Do Not Cover
- Optional fees such as for a yearbook, activity pass, student portraits, city bus passes and others
- Athletic fees, if you choose to participate on a competitive school team
- Public Transportation costs
- Airport Transfers
- Recreational activities
Every attempt will be made to provide a homestay placement that is within reasonable walking distance to the assigned school for each student. However, many students may still choose to purchase a City of Lethbridge Bus Pass. Monthly bus passes can be purchased at the Lethbridge Transit Office. The cost of a bus pass can be seen if you follow this link: Bus Pass
Homestay fees cover your monthly accommodation and three meals a day. You will also have access to laundry facilities. Homestay fees do not cover your recreational activities or eating out. For more details on the services covered by your homestay fees, go to the Homestay section of this website.
Airport transfer (Lethbridge)
For pick-up or drop-off at the Lethbridge Regional Airport there are no additional fees.
Revalidation / Legalization of School Marks
Many countries including Brazil, Colombia and Mexico require school final report cards to be legalized and revalidated in Canada in order for such documents to be accepted by that country's education system. The International Services Office of Lethbridge School Division offers a revalidation of marks service for those students who require it. The fee for this service is $300, which includes all legal, embassy and courier fees. Payment is required in advance. To request revalidation / legalization of school marks click here.
All fees listed are in Canadian Dollars and are subject to change.
Refunds are only permitted in certain circumstances as described below. Refunds will only be made to the person and/or account from which the payment was initially made. (This refund policy pertains to individual applicants, not group applicants).
Application Fee & Custodian Fee Refunds
- All application fees and custodian fees are non-refundable.
Tuition Fee Refunds
- Students must provide the International Services Office, Lethbridge School Division with written notice of withdrawal.
- A refund will be issued if the program has not yet begun and a Study Permit/Visa was denied (a copy of the documentation for denial of the Study Permit/Visa must be forwarded to the International Services Office).
- 5% of fees for one semester will be retained by Lethbridge School Division if the student withdraws an application after a study permit/Visa has been issued.
- There will be no refund after studies have started, and 25% of the fees for the next semester of study for which a letter of acceptance was issued will be withheld.
- If a student engages in any illegal activity, or repeatedly violates Division or Homestay Rules and Regulations after being warned, and if a consequence of this behaviour is that the student is mandated to return home, then no refund of tuition fees will be made. (In such a situation, or at any other time, the cost associated with the student returning home is not the responsibility of Lethbridge School Division.)
Medical Insurance Fee Refunds
- Students must provide the International Services Office, Lethbridge School
Division with written notice of withdrawal.
- A full refund will be issued if the program has not yet begun and a Study
Permit/Visa was denied (a copy of the documentation for denial of the
Study Permit/Visa must be forwarded to the International Services Office).
- Once a student has arrived in Canada, there will be no refund for any of the
calendar months for which the student was present and covered by the
policy. Students will be refunded the portion of the premium that was
unused, less 25% of that amount as an administration fee.
- If a student engages in any illegal activity, or repeatedly violates Division or
Homestay Rules and Regulations after being warned, and if a consequence
of this behaviour is that the student is mandated to return home, then no
refund of medical insurance fees will be made. (In such a situation, or at
any other time, the cost associated with the student returning home is not
the responsibility of Lethbridge School Division.)