Learners are innovative thinkers who are successful, confident, respectful and caring.
Lethbridge School Division is inclusive, forward-thinking and accountable for engaging students in quality learning experiences that develop strong foundations, innovative minds and responsible citizens.
The Board believes a focus on learning builds capacity for continual improvement, innovative thinking, and confident, caring, and respectful citizens.
The following principles provide the foundation for our learning system.
- Every individual can learn.
- Learning is a lifelong activity.
- Learners that grow are resilient, adaptable and confident.
- Students learn in different ways and at different rates.
- Innovative thinkers engage critically and creatively.
- Schools are welcoming, safe, caring, and respectful.
- Diversity is celebrated in an inclusive culture.
- Students are empathetic and responsible for the well-being of self and others.
- Schools inspire a passion for learning.
- Our system functions within the structure of Alberta Education.
- Priorities and decisions are further guided by collaboratively developed educational goals.
- Parents/Guardians are foundational to their children’s learning.
- Quality education goes beyond the school walls and involves opportunities for engagement within the community.
- High standards result in successful school completion and transition to the adult world.