Lethbridge School Division works with Canada Homestay Network (CHN) to place students with excellent host families in the City of Lethbridge. The process for admitting host families into the homestay program is a rigorous one.
- have had a thorough interview to determine suitability
- have had a homestay inspection
- have had references checked
- passed a police record check (with vulnerable sector check)
- passed a child intervention check
- are enthusiastic to receive international students
Once the student is placed in the home, supervision and support are provided by CHN's Relationship Managers throughout the program.
International students and their parents have access to the Relationship Managers 24 hours a day in the event of a problem or emergency.
For students requesting homestay placement, visit CHN's website here.
Consider hosting a student!
Lethbridge School Division and Canada Homestay Network are always looking for qualified host families.
For more information, or to apply to become a homestay family for a student, visit this website.