Lethbridge School Division offers a full range of programming to over 12,000 students in 24 schools.
The grade structure in our schools is:
- Elementary Schools: Kindergarten and Grades 1 - 5
- Middle Schools: Grades 6 - 8
- High Schools: Grades 9 -12
Students have a variety of programming choices that include core studies in:
- English Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Sciences (Biology, Chemistry, Physics and General Science)
In addition, students may select from a large number of complementary courses including:
- Arts Academy (Art, Dance, Drama, Instrumental Music, Vocal Music)
- Career and Technology Studies (Design Studies, Communication Technologies, Financial Management, Legal Studies, Construction Technologies, Food studies, Fashion Studies, Information Processing, Cosmetology, Automotives, Auto body, Multimedia)
- Physical Education, Sports Administration, Fitness, Yoga, Sports Medicine
Up to date technologies are available for use by teachers and students in all of our classrooms. There are several unique programs available in our schools including:
- Advanced Placement Program
- International Baccalaureate Program
- French Immersion Program
- Advanced Courses in Arts (Music, Art, Drama, Dance)
Most international students are enrolled in one of our four main high schools. All four schools offer similar programming, with a few exceptions high-lighted below. Detailed information is available on each school website.
All schools have:
- strong academic programs
- extensive co-curricular programs
- student advisor programs
- cafeteria services
- library/learning commons
- counseling services
- student council activities
All schools are:
- on city bus routes
- close to city recreation areas (could include: sports fields, ice arenas, swimming pools)
Location: West side of Lethbridge
Special features: Advanced Placement Program, Dance Program, ESL Program
Special features: Faith-based Alternative Program, serves Grades 7-12, Application is Separate to This Program
Location: South side of Lethbridge
Special features: Advanced Placement Program, Dance Academy and Arts Academy, French Immersion Program, Independent Learning Centre, ESL Program
Location: North side of Lethbridge
Special features: International Baccalaureate Program, ESL Program
The City of Lethbridge is a vibrant community with much to offer for our visiting international students. With a population just over 100 000, Lethbridge is large enough to provide all major amenities and recreational facilities, and yet small enough for easy access by city bus. We have a safe and caring community with diverse cultural backgrounds. Important additional information about our city is available at:
Within our city we have two major post secondary institutions including the University of Lethbridge and the Lethbridge College. International students who attend Lethbridge high schools would be well prepared for acceptance into our post secondary schools.
Lethbridge is the economic hub of south western Alberta. The city is within easy driving distance to many popular destinations. In under two hours you can be skiing, hiking or fishing in the majestic Rocky Mountains! We are also close to the City of Calgary (to our north) and to the United States border (to our south).
Alberta is one of ten provinces and three territories that make up the country of Canada. There is great diversity in the regional landscapes within Alberta including the majestic Rocky Mountains, vast open prairie, much farmland and large forested areas. Alberta's major industries include energy, forestry, food production, electronics and telecommunications, tourism and manufacturing. There are many recreational opportunities in Alberta including both indoor and outdoor activities. Many people enjoy camping, skiing, fishing and boating. Winter sports and summer sports are popular, as well as many cultural and artistic events.