Revalidation / Legalization of School Marks
Many countries including Brazil, Colombia and Mexico require school final report cards to be legalized and revalidated in Canada in order for such documents to be accepted by that country's education system. The International Services Office of Lethbridge School Division offers a revalidation of marks service for those students who require it. Students needing this service must:
- Complete the Request for Revalidation / Legalization of School Marks Form
- Pay the required fee
The fee for this service is $300.00 and must be paid at the time the revalidation request form is submitted. This amount covers:
- certification (signature and seal) of the school report card by the International Services office (for students not earning an Alberta High School Diploma)
- cost of acquiring the official transcript from Alberta Education (for students earning an Alberta High School Diploma)
- translation of the school report card or official transcript into the student's home country language
- revalidation or legalization of the documents according to the requirements of the student's home country consulate or embassy in Canada
- ExpressPost postage to the embassy and then to the student's home country
Fees may be paid by direct wire transfer, online via Flywire, or a certified cheque or bank draft.
The timeline to complete revalidation of marks is affected by a number of factors including the date at which schools release their final report cards, as well as the working time required by the Consulate/Embassy Offices. Every effort will be made to ensure that revalidated report cards are forwarded to you as quickly as possible. You should expect that this process will take at least 2-3 weeks.
For further information contact the International Services Office.