Please be aware that some bus routes may be adjusted or delayed due to driver shortages currently being experienced by Lethbridge Transit.
Some bus routes may even be cancelled on short notice as a last resort. As a result, families should have a back-up plan in place, just in case their specific bus route is not operational that morning.
Lethbridge School Division will endeavour to keep everyone informed about changes to bus routes. To make sure you are receiving the most up-to-date information on changes to bus routes, please be sure to monitor the Division’s Facebook and Twitter accounts each morning.
Alerts will also be sent out through SchoolMessenger. To ensure you are receiving notification via the SchoolMessenger app, please click the following link to download the app: SCHOOL MESSENGER
Lethbridge Transit has also updated some of its procedures for school bus transportation during Covid-19.
To assist AHS in contact tracing (COVID-19), Lethbridge Transit is requiring the following safety procedures be followed:
- All students must clean their hands (wash with soap and water/sanitize) before they leave home to take the bus, when they leave school prior to taking the bus.
- Mandatory face mask is required
- Assigned seating, unless the driver instructs otherwise. Family members to sit together. EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO SIT IN DESIGNATED SEAT.
- Daily attendance, student to confirm first name and last name as they board.
- Follow driver’s instructions.
- School buses are cleaned/sanitized after a.m. and p.m. routes with an approved cleaning product, as per Alberta Health Services.
It is the primary responsibility of the driver to transport student safely to and from school.
The City of Lethbridge, Lethbridge Transit would like to thank everyone for their support and co-operation as we apply these safety measures to keep our students as safe as possible during this pandemic.
The city's COVID AHS letter to parents can be found here: LETTER