The Government of Alberta has announced new temporary health measures to help slow the spread of COVID-19 will apply provincewide.
These measures will take effect on Sept. 16.
The measures that impact our K-12 schools include:
- Mandatory masking for students in grades 4 and up, plus staff and teachers in all grades. Schools that can implement an alternate COVID safety plan can be exempted from mandatory masking.
- Elementary schools are to implement class cohorting.
- For physical activities in schools:
- Youth aged 18 and under are not required to mask or maintain two-metre distance when engaged in physical activity.
- There are no restrictions on outdoor activities.
- Indoor sports/performance/recreation/special interests are permitted with requirements for two-metre physical distancing, where possible.
More information on all of the measures can be found here: MEASURES