Administration & Teaching
Location: Education Centre
Competition #: 15062
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: August 16th, 2022
Closing Date: December 16th, 2022 - 10:00am
The Lethbridge School Division is currently accepting applications for our Substitute Teacher list. We are looking for dynamic individuals applicants who are flexible, and passionate about education within Alberta curriculum to join our Division classrooms on an on-call basis and deliver quality instruction to our students.
Lethbridge School Division offers high quality learning experiences over a broad range of programs to meet the needs of learners. Lethbridge School Division embraces diversity in inclusive schools and is known for its innovative culture. The Division employs more than 1,200 staff and assists in serving the educational needs of over 12,000 students within 24 schools in the city of Lethbridge. We offer a variety of programs to our students from Early Education Programs up to Grade 12 as well as French Immersion from Kindergarten through to Grade 12 and other alternative programs such as; Knowledge and Employability, International Baccalaureate (IB), Montessori, Spanish and various Outreach programs.
Lethbridge School Division is inclusive, forward-thinking and accountable for engaging students in quality learning experiences that develop strong foundations, innovative minds and responsible citizens.
For a complete overview of our division, you are encouraged to visit our website.
The City of Lethbridge
Lethbridge is located just two hours south of Calgary and close to the Rocky Mountains and U.S. border. It is a family-oriented and culturally vibrant community with many amenities of a larger city. Lethbridge has over 100,000 residents and is one of only a few cities its size with two post-secondary institutions - Lethbridge College and University of Lethbridge. Lethbridge has a robust fine arts community and is renown for the breadth of recreation activities with outstanding facilities. Lethbridge offers more than 70 parks, 140 km of walking and running trails, playgrounds and sports fields throughout the city.
The City of Lethbridge is proud neighbor to the largest First Nation reserve by area in Canada.
Kainai Nation (also known as the Blood or Kainaiwa), covers 1,342.9 km², and is located southwest of the city of Lethbridge, north of the town of Cardston, east of Pincher Creek, bordered on all sides of the Oldman, St. Mary and Belly rivers in Alberta. We are honored and fortunate that our Indigenous friends share their beautiful cultural knowledge and passion with our community and school division, and we are always looking for more opportunities to learn and grow our understanding of the truths of our historical past so we can continue to move toward a positive path of reconciliation and flourish.
This posting will remain open until December 16, 2022 at 10:00am.
Please note that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted regarding an interview.
- Applicants must posses or be eligible to obtain an Alberta Teaching Certificate.
- Applicants considered for our Substitute list will be available on an on-call/casual basis Monday through Friday.
Conditions of Employment
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School Division who are offered employment must provide:
- A police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment that does not have any charges or convictions.
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services.
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire.
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name. If valid Social Insurance documentation in the current legal name can not be provided, the successful candidate will be required to obtain a new one within three days of hire.
Teacher Substitute's earn $220.04 as a daily rate, $121.02 for mornings, and $99.02 for afternoons!
Enjoy having evenings, weekends & school holidays off!
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!