Living to Learn, Learning to Live
This is our school's statement about the future. It is used regularly by all members of the Lakeview staff as they plan programs and work with our students.
The Lakeview School Community is committed to providing a positive learning environment that promotes the development of responsible, productive citizens.
Working within the framework of the District's Goals of Education, as a staff and parents, we will do all we can to discover and cultivate the talents and capabilities of each student and to assist in his/her growth towards becoming a mature, creative and responsible adult. To accomplish this task all available resources will be tapped. Lakeview School will contantly endeavour to provide the most nourishing environment attainable by integrating the positive influences of all its communities: school, community and home.
As teachers and parents we believe the best learning happens when:
- Children feel safe, secure and accepted
- Children experience success
- Children are actively involved
- Learning activities are meaningful to children
- Trial and error are acceptable
- Children are communicating about their learning
- Children are challenged
- Children feel encouraged
- Children encounter positive modeling
- The physical and emotional needs of students are met
- School and families work in partnership