Administration & Teaching
Location: Education Centre
Competition #: 12877
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: January 11th, 2021
Closing Date: June 29th, 2021 - 10:00am
The Lethbridge School Division is currently accepting applications for our Substitute Teacher list. We are looking for dynamic individuals applicants who are flexible, and passionate about education within Alberta curriculum to join our Division classrooms on an on-call basis and deliver quality instruction to our students.
Lethbridge School Division embraces diversity and functions in a dynamic, innovative, and fast paced environment. The Division currently has 23 schools within the city of Lethbridge and a new Elementary School currently under construction that is anticipated to be opening for the 2021/2022 school year. We have over 11, 000 students from Early Education Programs up to Grade 12 and offer French Immersion from Kindergarten through to Grade 12 and other alternative programs such as; Knowledge and Employability, International Baccalaureate (IB), Montessori and various Outreach programs.
For a complete overview of our schools, you are encouraged to visit our website.
This posting will remain open until June 29, 2021 at 10:00am.
- Applicants must posses or be eligible to obtain an Alberta Teaching Certificate.
- To reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19 substitutes will be required to wear a face mask at all times and follow Division protocols.
- Applicants considered for our Substitute list will be available on an on-call/casual basis Monday through Friday.
Conditions of Employment
In accordance with Canadian Immigration requirements, Canadian citizens and permanent residents will be given preference.
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School Division who are offered employment must provide:
- A police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment that does not have any charges or convictions.
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services.
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire.
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name. If valid Social Insurance documentation in the current legal name can not be provided, the successful candidate will be required to obtain a new one within three days of hire.
Teacher Substitute's earn $212.00 as a daily rate, $116.60 for mornings, and $95.40 for afternoons!
Enjoy having evenings, weekends & school holidays off!
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!