As COVID-19 continues to be a concern in Alberta, the Government of Alberta is helping promote the newly created Alberta COVID-19 Youth Mental Health Resource Hub on Jack.org. The Alberta government partnered with the Kids Help Phone and Jack.org to create a hub where youth, educators and parents can find easy-to-access tools and supports.
The youth-focused resources on this hub include:
· Jack Chapters – Youth-led, community-driven mental health advocacy clubs at schools or in the community.
· Jack Talks – Mental health presentations delivered to young people by young people.
· Jack Summits – Mental health conferences developed by youth, where young people within a region connect, strategize and learn from one another.
· Do Something – Tools to take small, simple steps that make a big difference to youth mental health and the mental health of others.
· Be There – Tools to support someone who may be struggling with their mental health.
Other mental health resources available to support students, families and school staff also include: