Lethbridge School Division's technology team is excited to have an opportunity for a dynamic and innovative person to fill the position of Technology Professional. The Technology Professional is responsible for and oversees all network and electronic hardware within the Division. Under the supervision of the Associate Superintendent and within the context of FOIP, the Technology Professional will design, build and configure all aspects of the network. The Technology Professional is the lead subject matter expert in network security, configuration, deployment, and infrastructure.
What will you work?
35 hours/week (1.00 FTE)
This position follows the assigned Non-Union Staff calendar.
What will you do?
- Administer, maintain, configure, and secure all information technology systems and services within the Division
- Report and respond to system outages, network security concerns, data breaches, and network failures
- Update and configure network infrastructure
- Triage network issues and services
- Manage and assign product licensing
- Manage local web and application servers through IIS and sql consoles
- Manage administrative rights, group policies, logging, data encryption, files/folders and security options
- Maintain a vision for for the current and future needs of technology infrastructure
- Provide emergency hardware, software, and network support as required and may include non-operational days and after-hours support
- As appropriate, provides escalated on-site support of hardware, software, and network connectivity issues
- Be responsible for technical on-site support and services at all Division sites
- Provide basic configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of all audio/visual equipment
- Develop and implement deployment strategies for hardware, software and systems used in the Lethbridge School Division
- Configure and maintain google as a service access via an azure tenant
- MDM support for apple devices
- Provide peripheral device configuration and support (printers, projectors, document cameras, etc.).
- Work with industry partners to ensure that modern standards and practices are adhered to
- Maintain knowledge of current changes and trends in technology by actively pursuing professional development opportunities and obtaining relevant industry certifications
- Complete other responsibilities consistent with the role as defined by the Director of Technology
- Promote an atmosphere of mutual respect and appreciation for individual differences, all staff, students, families, and community members, regardless of race, ethnicity, culture, gender, faith, nation, or spoken language, within the school division
- Promote a welcoming, caring respectful, and safe work environment
What do you need to succeed?
The successful applicant should have experience in the following areas:
- Networking (next gen/layer 7 firewall and edge devices, managed switch configuration)
- Azure systems & O365
- Virtual Systems Management/Hyper-V
- Scripting/Programming capabilities (Oracle, mssql, ad, PowerShell, php, Python, Agile development)
- Security camera systems
- Windows server administration (Active Directory)
- Security management (XDR/EDR consoles & 365 Defender)
- MDM support for apple devices (apple school manager, apple configurator, Intune, Meraki as well as Apple School (business) Manager, vpp and dep)
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Be a creative problem solver that is highly motivated
- Enjoys working independently and in a team
- Have a strong technical background
- Broad knowledge base and skill set in modern network security and infrastructure
Education, Certification and Experience Required:
- Four (4) year Computer Science Degree or similar field preferred. A combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Technical knowledge in the fields of computer science, computer education, and the broad range of technologies used in educational environments.
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of instructional technology. Substantial experience in working with advanced network systems.
- Professional certifications or training as appropriate.
- Class 5 Drivers licence.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School Division who are offered employment must provide:
- A police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment that does not have any charges or convictions.
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services.
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s license, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire.
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name. If valid Social Insurance documentation in the current legal name can not be provided, the successful candidate will be required to obtain a new one within three days of hire.
Salary range for this 1.00 FTE position ranges from $ 80,000 - $83,500 depending on education and experience.
Lethbridge School Division prides itself on supporting and promoting the wellness of our employees through our diverse benefit plan for you and your family to access. Some of the amazing benefits included are:
- 100% employer paid premiums for health care.
- Health Spending Account (HSA).
- Free 24/7 access to our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP). This includes but is not limited to:
- Lifestyle and specialty counselling (Health, Life Balance and Career).
- Competitive retirement plan.
- Discount at a variety of local fitness facilities within Lethbridge.
This is a purposeful and rewarding career that helps make a difference in students lives!
The competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Applications received by November 16, 2022 at 8:00 am will be assured of careful consideration.
Apply for this job
External applications will not be considered until the internal applications of employees have been reviewed.