Location: Education Centre
Competition #: 11948
Open To: Everyone
Date Posted: June 25th, 2020
Closing Date: July 9th, 2020 - 8:00am
Lethbridge School Division - Occupational Therapist
We are excited to have an Occupational Therapist opportunity available August 20, 2020.
Lethbridge School Division is looking for empathetic, sensitive and patient individuals to work as part of a dynamic team. The Occupational Therapist works as an integral member of the Instructional Services department of the Lethbridge School Division. The Lethbridge School Division embraces diversity and functions in a dynamic, innovative and fast paced environment.
What will you work?
35 hrs/wk (1.00 FTE)
Monday to Friday
Occupational Therapist staff have a working calendar that provides time off during Summer, Christmas, Family Week and Easter.
What do you need to succeed?
- Have strong assessment and problem-solving skills
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to establish rapport with students, families, staff, and community partners
- Have the ability to maintain effective working relationships with division and school teams
- Have expertise in facilitating professional learning for staff
What will you do?
Reporting to the Director of Inclusive Education and Early Childhood Coordinator, the successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to address barriers to participation and learning and promote the success of all children and students from early education to grade 12.
- Deliver a continuum of support within the division's Response to Instruction and Intervention framework (RTI2)
- Provide universal strategies to support all students in inclusive classrooms
- Facilitate, through play, the development of age-appropriate skills
- Based on a referral system, provide student-specific assessment and therapeutic programming
- Administer, score and interpret standardized assessments (fine motor, visual motor, sensory processing, and so on)
- Complete assessment and treatment reports and year-end summaries
- Suggest adaptations to the environment to support student access and participation
- Collaborate with other therapists/specialists (speech/language, behaviour) to support student development
- Participate as a member of the Learning Team to develop, facilitate, and monitor student program plans and successful transitions
- Provide recommendations for assistive technology and equipment
- Facilitate professional learning opportunities for school teams in the area of occupational therapy (self-regulation, sensory learning, therapeutic interventions)
Education Centre - 1 Position
Education and Experience Required:
- Master of Science degree in Occupational Therapy or successful completion of an accredited entry to practice Occupational Therapist program
- Registered, or eligible for registration, with the Alberta College of Occupational Therapists (ACOT)
- Experience working within an educational setting preferred
- Class 5 driver's license (graduated driver's license (GDL) not accepted)
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School
Division who are offered employment must provide:
- A police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment that does not have any charges or convictions.
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services.
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s license, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire.
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name. If valid Social Insurance documentation in the current legal name can not be provided, the successful candidate will be required to obtain a new one within three days of hire.
Salary range is $65, 000 - $93, 700 depending on experience.
Enjoy having evenings, weekends & school holidays off!
Enjoy access to benefits for you and your family!
Make a difference in a child's life!
Posting will remain open until 8:00 AM, July 9, 2020
Apply for this job
External applications will not be considered until the internal applications of employees have been reviewed.